Sunday, December 14, 2008

way away

It's gone past midnight and I'm gonna go sleep in five.

First, I had a chat with my mum and sister a few hours ago. Apparently, my mum could not understand anything I said, but she did not tell me that. My sister on the other hand, said I have an accent.

I do not think so, honestly. And I was arguing with her about it for awhile. My aunt hosted a party today, at her house. A bunch of them came over and they commented that I do not have an accent. They, lived here almost half their lives and they have an accent to me.

Which in the end, makes it seem like I have an accent.

All I wanted to do was quit the Malaysian style of speaking. With the la here and there. You can say it's a habit, but it's good to quit it because basically, it's not English.

Plus, some people know how I could be a perfectionist when it comes to language. If you don't, well yeah, I am.

Being here for a month, I tried to to get Malaysian language in my way. Whenever I am with a relative it just goes off. I don't use it, like it's natural or whatever. But with my aunt, the Malaysian herself, she never quit using Malaysian language. She probably stayed here for about 15 years already. Around her, Malaysian language pops out again.

So maybe, by the time I go back, Malaysian language will be my thing again.

No comments: