Friday, November 28, 2008

I was fine, 'till 7.05

I just visited Carolyn's. It was a so happen kinda thing, because I decided to go through my link list. So yeah, first thing I see is a picture of Emily Wong, a fellow school mate who is just so sweet. Anyway. I scanned through the post and it they've known each other for 8 years, I think, already. So Carolyn went on to tell about how they both met. She said, it was the first day of school and it had something to do with pencils. And, boom ! I realized it's probably the same way I met my ' ex-best friend ' as we both call it, Soong Mei Shia (:

Sorry, I could not get a picture. I wanted to snag one from Facebook, and I realized Mei Shia does not have a Facebook. Then, I considered Friendster, and said no because it seems that Friendster has virus, so yeah. Scratch all that.

Anyway. Shucks, I typed a whole load and it got deleted. pfft. So, I met Mei Shia day one of Primary School. Or maybe not. At least Mei Shia said it wasn't, it was this 'test' thing that we had to take before the school semesters. Orientation, I suppose. And well, we all head off to class and I guess Mei Shia didn't expect anything so she didn't bring any stationery. My mum asked me to lend her one of my pencil. So there, one pencil for Mei Shia and we couldn't be separated since.

During that orientation, they gave a 'test', like I've said. And it was like easy-peasy until it came to this part where they put a few letters with blanks. Something like this,

a, _, _, d, e, _, _, _, i

Well, yeah. I stared at it and I was thinking,

" What's this? "

So, I quietly lean over and see what Mei Shia was doing. Turns out, they were asking for the ABC's ! So, yay yay, I wrote everything down. The same thing came out for the Math session, asking for numbers. I was smarter that time (: haha.

Until now, I don't know why we aren't best friends anymore. Maybe it was because we got into different classes after Standard 3. Which was not fair to me at first. When both our parents found out we were both in different classes, they just never ceased to tell us that we should continue being best friends. It didn't work out, I guess.

Above all this, I think we had an awesome time all those 3 years. At least I did have a really good time hanging out with her. For her birthday this year, I gave her a pencil and she gave me this questioning look and started laughing. But I also gave her a note, and I told her that I won't ever forget the time we met. Honestly, I wanted to get the exact brand of pencil that I landed her that day. Maybe I can remember the little small details that no one else can during a long time ago, but this, it's the one thing I just can't remember.

Oh yeah, I love this girl. I can go on and on about how the times we spent together, but maybe some things, should just be our memories. There's not much speciality to it once everyone knows, right?

No comments: