Saturday, November 29, 2008

you love me, you like her

This is so peer pressure. I haven't even watched the show yet. But everybody is posting all these pictures of Twilight. So I want to do it too ! (:

It's actually only for my own entertainment. I so freaking like the posters. It looks so magical.

But yeah, I'm no fan of Twilight. It's because I haven't been bothered to read the books. It was one particular Friday in school, when I just came out from a club meeting that I see EVERYONE holding a Twilight book. Most of the time, when you say EVERYONE, you're probably just exaggerating. But I'm NOT. There really was everyone carrying this book. I thought it was crazy.

Not to mention, the whole book idea came to Stephanie Meyer, the author of Twilight in a dream. wow. What at way to make to the best-selling list. I think I should put all my dreams in a book, hoping to make it a number one bestseller. I'm not criticizing her, I just thinks it's well... funny? This book, I wonder if it sold more than Harry Potter. I don't even read Harry Potter !

And through all these blogs about Twilight and all the screams I got from friends who are SO excited for the movie, I'm actually curious what is it that makes everyone just LOVE it. Truth is, after I finish reading my book, I think I'll borrow Twilight from the library to check it out. If I can find it. It's probably not there due to it's popularity. Let's hope I don't fall asleep reading it, just like what happened when I tried reading Harry Potter. Sorry, I'm just not into this kind of things. I love my chick lits. I did recently read a vampire series, it was interesting. I finished a book in a day. It's the Kissing Coffins series and I'm yet to read book 5.

For what it's worth, the libraries here are awesome. They have some really good books, unlike Malaysian library that I gave up going after one visit. They don't have Meg Cabot books ! Seriously, even though I haven't read a single one of her books, I think she's one good author, since her books are always the number one bestsellers. Here, on the other hand, you can find Meg Cabot, J.K. Rowling and even Stephanie Meyer. Needles to say, the Malaysian libraries should update their shelves. Reader's corner has more business than the public libraries.

I've just finish reading an Inside Girl novel. I know it does not sound... decent? Yeah, but it's an innocent book that's like any normal chick lit. It was not fun reading it, no suspense or anything.

This book though, is not quite too bad.


I think I did see it in a few bookstores. But when I started this book, I did not want to put it down. I read half the book in a day. I prefer Sophie Kinsella, though (: Being a chick lit. lover, Sophie Kinsella is a good one, on my opinion.

If you haven't read a book by a Malaysian author, try this one.

Oh, sorry. I could not get a picture. It's titled Sweetheart From Hell by May-Zhee Lim. She's 16, but she has published 2 books already. And, if you do plan to read this book, I'll alert you for the major major bimbo-ness. Just reading the back of the book, you'll know it's SO bimbotic, plus, her blog is bimbotic too. The book is great for self-amusement.

I don't know what's with this post, all about books. Yeah, I love books and can't live without them, but I've never been given the title ' book worm ' before. Still, I don't know what the conclusion is from this post. Do you?

No comments: