Monday, November 17, 2008

The end of the world it seems, you bend down and you fall on your knees

Leela sped all the way to the park. She parked and started looking for her friend, Tracy. She spotted her right away, the lean body sitting by the pond, shoulders shaking heavily. Leela quickly ran over and sat down next to Tracy. Five minutes later, Tracy looked up and her face was wrinkled from all the wet tears, eyes so red you can hardly reconize them. Tracy lean her head on Leela's shoulder.

" Dearie, it'll all be fine. Someday, your mother will realize everything. But for now, you have me. Your lovable punching bag "

Tracy looked up. She couldn't stop a few tears down her face again and a small smile. Leela knew how to cheer her up. All the time.

They knew each other when they were nine years old. Yeah, they bonded real well and were best friends since. They both loved pink which concludes into liking Barbie Dolls. Most of the time, they both knew things that no one else knew about them. The greatest things to the smallest things, the most painful things to the most cheerful things.

Tracy did awesome in Math and Leela, well, she didn't. In fact, she hated Math. Just bfore exams, Tracy helped Leela with the Math. And Leela, she didn't get much, really. A hard to teach girl, most of her best friends would say.

That day, when Tracy had called Leela up, crying over the phone, they quickly agreed to meet in the park. Leela wouldn't leave Tracy to cry. Not her best friend.

" Leel, you know exactly how to cheer me up all the time, you know that? "

Leela shrugged. " That's what I do. I'm your best friend, remember? "

Tracy smiled. She gave a big bear hug to Leela.

" I don't even have to tell you anything ! I feel better already. You rock. "

" You don't have to say anything because I know what happened already. I can read you. "

" Oh yeah? " , Tracy challenged. " What happened, then? "

" Trouble with your mum. Duh. As usual. And I think I know what she did and say as well. "

" Okay, okay. So you do. Thanks a bundle, bestie. "

" No problem ! You know I won't leave you crying here. I'm always here for you. You know that, I told you that a million times. "

" And I told you the same thing a billion times. "

Leela and Tracy got up and walked around the park. The cool breeze dried Tracy's tears up in no time. When they reached their cars, Leela reached over to give Tracy a hug.

" Don't have a second thought when you want to call me, okay? Pick the phone up right away. "

Tracy laughed. " Yes, Ma'am. "

" Take care and get rid of that redness in your eyes. Tony won't like you anymore if he sees you like this. "

" Sure he won't, Leel. You just want him. Admit it. "

" Na-ah. I don't. "

They both laughed.

" See you soon, Trace. Loveeee you ! "

" Aww, love you too, girl. Thanks so much. "

" No worries, honey. Anytime "

2 comments:

SJ Prom '09 said...

omg. ahaha. the story is really nice. :) haha and tony? takde any other name kah?

serena (: said...

(: Weell, it's who we were talking about right? Misss Tonyy ! hhahaha