Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I don't wanna be lonely anymore

Because I'm leaving,
On a jet plane.
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh babe, I hate to go.

In no time, I'll be off again, on another trip, on another holiday, on another shopping spree. Nah, I'm not excited with an exclamation mark. In fact, I would stay here, in Canada if I had a choice.

Even though Hong Kong's shopping is supposedly awesome with an exclamation mark (:

Trust me, I love Canada. It is, by far a wonderful place to be. Everything is clean and pretty, not to mention cheap. And being in Canada does not only mean my time to hibernate but also another time to learn new things and explore new shops (:

I've learn so many things about Canadians and Canada - it's culture and mannerism, it's most famous coffee place and restaurants, it's biggest mall.

Canada has awesome manners around here. I love shopping here, because sales assistants greets you as you enter, and they don't just say 'hello' or 'welcome', they care enough to even ask 'how are you?'. It was at first awkward for me when people asked me how I am. I'm obviously not used to it and for the first few days, I even got tongue tied. Slowly, I began to understand it all and yeah, it kicked into me. I want to try walking to a cashier one day in Malaysia and ask them how they are. Watch the look in their face (: In shops, no one follows you around like a hawk, making sure you don't grab anything off the shelf and leave without paying. In just one shop, the most assistants there is, are five. And please, they don't bother you while shopping.

Starbucks, is by far, the most famous coffee house in Malaysia that serves coffee up to RM 20. Not here. Tim Horton's has stepped on every single coffee house here. You think Starbucks do great here? It's only because Tim Horton's don't open in malls and Starbucks do. Drive around a neighborhood here and left, right, up and down, there's always a Tim Horton's. Plus, their coffee is pretty awesome too. Double cream, double sugar, that's the best coffee. They serve breakfast meals - bagels served as if a hamburger with bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. The sandwiches are so awesome. Ham, bacon, cheese? Whatever you want.

When you go to a fancy restaurants here, you can get a meal for $10. Too bad they have to still pay tax here when buying things.

Well, some people have heard of the shop La Senza. They sell lingerie, if you don't know. In Malaysia, they costs RM 100 a piece. You can buy it here for $ 8.50 here with much luck. Now, how does that sound?

Houses always have air conditioning, don't they? Most houses, every room has it. Not mine, actually. haha. I live with a fan. But here, every house has a heater, not air conditioning. So it may be hot in the summer, but I guess it's not as hot as Malaysia. Must be pretty breezy.

Trends here are opposite from trends back home. People where glittery things, silver leggings, crazy tank tops, stripey sweaters - let me tell you, they look good in them. I wish polka dots and stripes weren't classified as lala.

Food here, I can say comes in big sizes. Well, so is everything else in Canada, but food. Yeah, big. BIG. This shop that sells Japanese teppanyaki called Edo, gives the biggest portion of rice ever. Plus, the food there, from Edo, is just so good. A&W is pretty famous here. Their burgers are supposedly good, but I've never tried it. Tony Roma's offers pork ribs instead of beef ribs. Sometimes, Malaysia goes overboard with their restrictions. Not that I eat ribs, I don't even do steak. But, yeah. Korean food here, I give it a thumbs up.

And there's an endless lists of what I learned that are well, more personal. These things are border line stuff, things I would tell the entire world. Personally, Canada thought me a whole lot of things and since it's new year, I could always practice new things. in two days time, I'll be seeing Hong Kong (:



No comments: