Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'll be remembering you

I wish You could stay
But I'll, I'll wait for the day

And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh, and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
And I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

Steven Curtis Chapman - Remembering You
Thank you Sammy for these lyrics years ago ! (:

It's the third year, daddy, that you're not here. And could I say, it's not the best feeling ever. It is when you wake up in the morning, wanting to run to your room, give you a kiss a whisper 'Happy Birthday'. It is going for buffet dinners during the weekends with the family, being stuffed with our favourites. It is thanking God during dinner at home for another year for you to enjoy. It is you being around the house, your booming laughter and endless smiles. It's you.

I miss you, daddy.

And I would say, I wish you could come back and give us a proper last moment together, but I know you won't because that's just impossible. I would, right now, drop all responsibilities for time with you.

So we'll celebrate your life today, because you lived a great one. One so great it hit everyone to the heart. If you could be here now, I'll never want to leave your side again.

Happy Birthday, daddy.
I love you.

No comments: