Monday, August 18, 2008

The past

I spent my day packing things up today. And as I packed away my things, reaching for others that I didn't even know I still owned, I recall the past. My photo album, filled with pictures of years and years ago. Pictures of my birthdays that I celebrated at home, celebrated in Sunday School and also, a party with my brother ! Not forgetting the times I had with my school mates and all. Not only did the pictures bring back memories, so did any other thing I came across.

The letters - from my best friends. In those letters did we share our joy and pain, together with encouragement and sealed with much love. We seem to spent so much time writing those letters, and for what? Just to grow in each others friendship, just to know each other, just to make sure that the other party is feeling at his best.

And I won't forget the poems that I've written over the years. Each poem to a particular person. Remembering that person, the memories come back to me. I think about my friend from Aussie, Timmy. I haven't seen him in awhile and I do miss him. He has the reddest cheeks I've ever seen and the cutest smile - really. I met him when I was 3, where at that time he was 2. We bonded well and hopefully, he'll come back soon. (:

Of course, my Barbie Dolls ! I packed them awhile ago but I still remember them. Each doll, was given to me by my sister. Except one, which was from my mum. At the age of 9, my dad forbidden me to play with Barbie's anymore. But with the superior hiding, I kept the dolls out of his sight. As the years moved on, my collection grew. I packed them up and vowed not to throw them away. I believe that they are much too precious (:

This isn't the end, I've still got lots of memories still sitting on my shelf. Slowly, I'll pack them all up, bring them to the new house and let them free again !

2 comments:

SJ Prom '09 said...

you're moving? :(

serena (: said...

yea hon. I told you whaat.